The Iron Rose Chronicles
Until recently, you were incarcerated for a crime of which you were or were not guilty of. Now, however you are free and do not ever plan on becoming imprisoned again.
Skill Proficiency: Deception and Intimidation
Tool Proficiency: Gaming and Musical Instrument.
Languages: Gain 1 additional language
Equipment: Common clothes, shiv (dagger), small leather pouch, blanket, candle, jagged spoon, twine, small steel mirror
You were once convicted of a crime. Roll on or choose from the following table below to determine your crime
5. Destruction of Property
6. Disruptive Activity (Poisoning wells, Riots, etc.)
Feature: Cellmate & Prisoner
You have a bond with a certain person you’ve shared a cell with. Over the years they came to know all your secrets as you came to know all theirs. They too are no longer imprisoned and have made a new life for themselves. You may be contacted for information about this person, use the knowledge you know about them over them, or rely on their aid and succor. The nature of the relationship is up to you.
In addition, due to your maltreatment, you start with 2 fewer hit points than normal, but the DC for your stabilization checks when dying is 8 rather than 10. If prison didn’t kill you, it’ll take something worse to finally bring you down.
No one has had it as bad as you. Other people may complain, but you know what true suffering is like. This either makes you empathetic to the plight of others or cold and inured to suffering. You have strong opinions on the rule of law and the effect penalties have on the survivors. You cherish each moment and each day in a way others around you don’t, but are occasionally beset by night terrors, where you wake, paralyzed, thinking you are back in prison.
1. I’m always aware of my surroundings and all nearby exits; I don’t sit with my back to the door.
2. I don’t feel alone when I talk, so I try to talk to everyone all the time.
3. I don’t think anyone can ever know what I went through, so I’m hesitant to talk about it.
4. I like to play up the fact that I was a prisoner because I like the way people react to it.
5. It’s the small things that matter in life; Like taking the time to find the just the right hat.
6. I know what happened to me is wrong and I look to fight oppression everywhere.
7. I don’t have time for nonsense
8. I only want the finest things after having the worst of things for so long.
1. Freedom: My duty is to abolish enslavement and prisons. (Chaotic)
2. Justice: I seek to balance the scales of the falsely accused. (Good)
3. Vengeance: I will get revenge against those who wronged me. (Evil)
4. Untethered: I will not allow anyone to restrict my freedom. (Unaligned)
5. Respect: Who respects you is what’s important in life. (Lawful)
6. Resilience: Being independent is the greatest protection. (Any)
1. I have a special friend from prison that means more to me than my own life (select one tiny vermin).
2. I seek to free all those who are in chains, as I feel their pain.
3. I keep my manacles bound on my wrists so that I never forget my suffering.
4. I have been tattooed or branded with the symbol of my crime and can never escape my past.
5. I seek to abolish cruel and unusual punishment and abhor torture.
6. My freedom is my life. I would rather die than be a prisoner.
1. I moved the treasure my cellmate hid and he is after me to get it back.
2. I had to hurt someone who attacked me in prison, and have the enmity of a criminal gang.
3. I have a lingering wound from my time that affects my mobility.
4. I was in prison for so long, I’m out of touch with any current or recent developments.
5. Malnutrition in prison has caused my physique to wither and I have lost both teeth and hair.
6. I become very aggressive with anyone who threatens my status as alpha.